Dec 2017 – present, 3 days per week
Justice Connect is a charity that connects people with free legal help.
- Write editorial content, including opinion pieces for high-profile staff and Board.
- Create web and social content across the entire Justice Connect brand.
- Interview clients and capture their stories across print, digital and video.
August 2015 – present
I’ve written for large scale publications (including Daily Life / Sydney Morning Herald, Dumbo Feather and Bustle). I’ve also written for small press publications Voiceworks, The Lifted Brow, Archer (my 2017 piece was their most-read article that year) and more.
BE. COLLECTIVE CULTURE
Jan 2017 – present
Creative Lead / Copywriter
Feb 2016 – Dec 2017
I was promoted to Creative Lead in October 2016. I was Avion’s lead writer for AAMI Insurance. Other clients included RMIT Online, Southern Cross University Online, Australia Post, IIDM, Vision Australia, and more.
- Researched and wrote editorial content for online and print.
- Worked on content strategies, including IA, UX, content pillars and plans.
- Conducted and wrote interviews with high-profile professionals.
- Worked on creative and strategic (re)brands, taglines and key messages.
- Advised on web accessibility (WAG2.0) and digital best practice.
- Peer reviewed and proof read content to ensure accuracy and tone of voice.
2013 – 2014
The Lifted Brow
Intern + Contributor
- Writing, fact-checking and collecting data for Brow by Numbers
- Reading submissions to select for publication
- Proof-reading and copy editing
- Admin tasks, such as email database management.
December 2017 – March 2018
- Curating content for social media and writing social sells
- Proof-reading the magazine for publication
- Assisting with editing long-form interviews
- Brainstorming editorial content and marketing strategies.
Feminist Writers Festival
Copywriter / Digital Contributor
- Wrote web copy
- Contributed to weekly newsletter
- Wrote ‘Friends of the Festival’ eDM, reaching fundraising target within 24 hours.
Graduate Diploma in Creative Writing
The University of Melbourne
- H1A average
- Focus on creative non/fiction
Honours in Media and Communication
- First Class Honours (3.9 GPA)
- Wrote thesis Grrrls Online on feminist identity-building in online communities
Bachelor in Media and Communication (Advertising)
- Vice Chancellors List (awarded to top 2% of RMIT students)
Short courses, various dates
- Comedy Writing, RMIT
- Grammar and Punctuation, RMIT
- Clear Writing for Effective Communication, RMIT
- Public Speaking, NIDA
- Chicago-style Improvisational Comedy, The Improv Conspiracy